Monday, April 7, 2008
Melanie Morris paints with a pallette knife and is one of the selected artists featured in Birmingham Sketchbook.
Click on the link above to go to her website.
Melanie Morris is an award-winning acrylic painter whose work can be found in galleries across the southeast. A featured artist in regional and national juried shows, she is often invited to lead painting workshops.
A native of Mississippi, one of Melanie’s earliest memories is sitting with her mother in the backyard sketching a pear tree. This fascination with nature is revealed today in her colorful landscapes and florals. A graduate of Mississippi College and the University of Alabama, Melanie is married to novelist Michael Morris and resides in Birmingham, Alabama.
• Eastern Shore Art Center’s 36th Annual Outdoor Show – Fairhope, AL 2008
• Spotlight on Art – Atlanta, GA 2008
• 33rd Annual Great Gulf Coast Arts Festival – Pensacola, FL; 2007
• 44th Annual Bluff Park Art Show – Birmingham, AL; 2007
• 36th Annual Cellular South GumTree Festival – Tupelo, MS; 2007
• Eastern Shore Art Center's 35th Annual Outdoor Show – Fairhope, AL; 2007
• The Wonders of Alabama Art - Energen Art Competition; Birmingham, AL; 2007
• 2006 Birmingham Art Association Juried Show – Art in Bloom; Birmingham, AL
• 2004 Eastern Shore Members Juried Show; Fairhope, AL
To see more events and awards, visit the website